Image Map

Saturday, January 18, 2014

THE COVETED MUST HAVE STYLE FIND: FOUND


The Coveted: For years I've wanted a pair of plain original black matte dr. marten boots. ^

The Almost: My sisinlaw relinquished her orange patent 1460 dr. marten's to me which I broke in over the past summer. I fell in love with those... only problem... there are only so many outfits you can pair a pair of neon orange boots with.




The Bargain: A couple years ago I was searching dr.marten's website in the sale section and found the black "Darla" boots on sale. I watched them for weeks and finally ordered. I loved them as well but with their high heel they weren't as practical as I told myself they would be when I bought them.



The Search: That left me still on the hunt for an original black pair. Problem with that was the hefty price tag. The originals never go on sale and with all my bargain hunting I convinced myself the only way I would get them is if I found them on sale, used, or on ebay. I would run across a variety of options but they were never the right size/price.
A couple months ago I started surfing through ebay hoping I would run across some. Even ebay they ran close to $100...but then last week during my late night window shopping I discovered treasure.

The Find: A pair of black matte 8 hole 1460 original dr. marten new buy it now for *gasp* $25.00.
As I slowly scrolled down the listing I knew they just had to be in my size. *gasp*
They were.
I stared.
Was my search really over?!

The Found: Needless to say the buy it now was clicked and my pair of dr martens were on their way to me bright and early the next day.
Everyday I'd click the tracking willing them to come faster... but then a lingering thought in my head was..."what if they don't fit? what if they aren't as I dreamed them up to be for so long?"

The Arrival: Yesterday a box was waiting on the front porch when I got home. After a deep breath I opened the box:
to find the most perfect softest leather dr. martens just as described.
I tried them on...
perfect.
Love at first sight.

already adding them to ootd options
(selena gomez lace crop top, alloy black sheer high low top, elle zipper pants)


The End Beginning: I was so happy to finally own one of my most wanted style items, but weirdly so, I also felt a bit sad that my search was over. As I had had fun searching for something I wanted for so long. It felt like a tybeanie baby high from back in the 90s. If you were a 90's kid you totally know the feeling. I can't wait to start wearing breaking them in!



No comments:

Post a Comment

linked within

linked within