Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

Alpine Spirit



vintage thrifted denim jacket, comune black jeans, dr marten "darla" boot

I bought this jacket at a thrift store last year. I usually wonder in with my parents looking for more furniture my mom and I can diy. I always manage to find my way over to the denim jackets to see what they have...even though in the back of my mind I knowingly have several at home.
All but one denim jacket that I own were either gave to me by family members or found at thrift stores. It's the perfect place to find one that already looks lived in and not brand new. I love every one I own because each one is so unique. The color, shape, styles are all different and when you buy a used one it's already lived a life of its own and has features unique to the previous owner. Like this jacket. What drew me in were the hand sewn patches on the pockets. It just makes me wonder if the previous owner bought the patches as souvenirs on a vacation somewhere. I'm just a hopeless romantic like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linked within

linked within